Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blogger Findings

I never got any real answers to why the other blog was shut down. Conventional wisdom seems to be vids. I have no idea if I am accurate here or not but this is want I think did it.

Based on the Terms of Service, under adult blogs it specifically reads that adult blogs cannot be used for revenue and that excessive reroutes to other sites where people may steal content is prohibited. Well I did have a couple of advertisers, but only those who contacted me to become an affiliate after they detected increased traffic from the blog. I did call outs to shopping sites I liked not expecting anything in return before I was even aware of what an affiliate was. I also disclaimed that I was using copyrighted material and left in watermarks, but would add hyperlinks for point and click reroutes to other sites because it was their images.

Now I think that was the problem. I plan to stay away from links other than a blog roll and advertise places I like but not as point and click. Well that is the story, take what you want from it. Changes might be much easier than starting over.

3 comments:

Leatherpigboy said...

thats what i heard they were shutting down for too. Hope that they leave you alone now boy!

Stan said...

I'm not quite sure I understand it all but I'm glad your back.

Sir's Boy said...

Thanksall!